Since we moved together I'm baking a bread about once a week. Most of the time I bake a simple whole wheat bread with a lot of different seeds you don't have to knead, but every once in a while I try out something a little different. This time, I made this walnut bread. For more variations, you can simply add some dried tomatoes or herbs!
100g whole spelled flour
200g wheat flour
half a cube of fresh yeast
150ml hand warm water
2 small hands full of walnuts (toasted for more flavor)
what you need to do:
- Simply mix water, yeast, and sugar until everything is well combined
- add the flour and salt and mix it with a wooden spoon, add some more flour if your dough is too sticky
- Finally add the walnuts too, knead your dough for about 8 minutes and let everything rest for one hour
- knead the dough again and make a flat ball, folding the outer parts of the dough into the middle
- let it rest for 30 more minutes
- preheat your oven with an oven proof pot to 230 degrees celsius
- put your dough in the pot and let it bake for about 25 to 30 minutes
Enjoy it with some herb butter!